This document describes the product categories and the steps to create, import, and export them.
Categories are naming conventions that describe the groupings of similar products with shared characteristics. The right category of the specific product group helps customers quickly browse and find the necessary products.
The Categories board displays the list of existing categories by their names, parents, and number of products in the given category. To edit or delete an already created category, hover over a category from the list and use the Dotted Menu. The + icon before the category name indicates that the given category has a subcategory. You can expand it to see the subcategory; in this case, + is replaced with -.
The board also comprises:
- + New Category - creates a new category.
- Search Bar - searches for the relevant categories.
- Sort by Button - sorts the categories according to the preferred alphabetical order or creation status.
- Export Button - allows exporting all the category data as CSV and XLS files.
- Import Button - allows importing categories by uploading CSV and XLS files.
Take the following steps to create a new category:
- Click the +New Category button.
- Fill in the required fields: category name and description.
- Upload category image and icon.
- Set whether the category is a root one or has a parent category.
- Fill in the fields for SEO.
- Make the category visible with the toggle, if necessary.
- Click the Save button.
Besides creating a new category, it is also possible to import categories by taking the following steps:
Click the Import button.
Upload or drag and drop CSV and XLS files.
Complete the steps of mapping, importing, and finishing the process.
Click the Save button.
After creating or importing the categories, it is possible to assign one or more of them to your products by taking the steps illustrated in the Products article.
You can easily export all the data on your product categories via CSV or XLS files. Take the following steps:
- Click the Export button.
- Choose the file type on the pop-up.
- Click the Export button on the pop-up.
After successfully implementing the exporting process, the message Your export will be delivered by email to:[the provided email address] appears on the screen.
If you have questions or concerns, contact us directly via the Live Chat box in the lower right corner. Our Support Team will provide you with top-notch quality support 24/7.
Updated 6 months ago